CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Spray Paint Project

Simple way to transform an old wooden tray into something beautiful:


Spray Paint Project



I had an old pine wooden tray, purchased for a previous home that had a country cottage kitchen.


I lightly sanded it, and then used a can of white gloss spray paint to brighten it up. It brings a brighter colour to our Tasmanian Oak coffee table and also provides the perfect space to corral a few accessories. The spray paint cost $2.95 so it was a budget friendly recycling project.



I lined the tray with an old aeronautical map, that was cut to size. I decided against decoupaging it, in case I want to change it around later. The map was ironed to smooth out the creases, and then attahced with masking tape to the bottom of the tray. The map fits in with our travel theme, and the blue/green colours are perfect.


I have added some aqua candle holders, and an Eiffel Tower bottle (purchased from Bed Bath and Table). I am so happy with how it looks. I can't wait until my fabric arrives so I can get started on some soft furnishings. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment